A well-rounded approach to meditation explores how it affects both the mind and body. With modern 'bio-sensing' technology, it is now possible to take a look under the hood and see what happens in your own brain while practicing meditation. During this retreat, you will learn a few simple styles of meditation, hear about cutting-edge research on how meditation affects the brain, and get to hook up to an EEG headset for some fun experiments.
This weekend will include:
- Instruction in focused and open-awareness meditation
- Introduction to the cognitive neuroscience of meditation
- Live demonstration of EEG and other biodata during meditation
- Participation in experiments exploring mediation and brain rhythms
- Current topics in the field of cognitive neuroscience such as learning, neuroplasticity and neurofeedback
Join Steven and Andrew for a weekend retreat where ancient practices meet new scientific discoveries. Together, we'll explore how your brain changes when you focus and when you flow in meditation.